Please review the Volunteer Agreement below. You will be asked to sign this Agreement at Orientation – or at the first time you volunteer.
In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer, I agree to the following terms and conditions, intending to be legally bound by them:
1. I will abide by the mission, rules, regulations, policies and programs of the HSFC while I am a volunteer.
2. If I stop being a volunteer for the HSFC for any reason, or upon the HSFC request at any time, I will promptly return all of the HSFC supplies, equipment, records, monies, and other items in good, clean condition.
3. I assume the risks of being bitten, scratched, injured, or frightened by cats, kittens, dogs, puppies and all other animals in connection with my volunteer work for the HSFC. HSFC is not liable to me for any injuries, damages, liabilities, losses, judgments, costs or expenses whatsoever, which I might suffer or sustain in connection with the performance of my volunteer activities for the HSFC, unless they are the result of the HSFC gross negligence or intentional misconduct. I will indemnify, defend and hold the HSFC harmless from and against any claims, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, costs or expenses whatsoever, sustained by any companion animal or any person in connection with my intentional misconduct or grossly negligent performance of volunteer activities for the HSFC, or my breach of HSFC rules, regulations, policies and programs.
4. Animals can be unpredictable in their behavior, as well as carry unknown diseases, which may or may not be communicable to humans. I understand and agree to work with or around these animals and will not hold HSFC responsible for any illness or contaminate if contracted.
5. I understand and agree that the HSFC may refuse volunteer applications for any reason.
6. If I will be sheltering or providing foster care or boarding any of HSFC animals in my home or business, I consent to the HSFC visiting my home or business from time to time to observe the animals and their living quarters.
7. I have accurately and truthfully completed this Volunteer Agreement.
8. I am over the age of 18 and, if I am not, my parent/legal guardian has agreed to my volunteer service and has signed below indicating such agreement.
9. I certify that I have never been convicted of any crime or misdemeanor involving animal cruelty, neglect or abandonment
10. Any modification to this Agreement must be in writing signed by both parties. This Agreement is binding upon the HSFC, me, and the HSFC and my respective heirs, successors, assigns, executors, and personal representatives.